Veteran / Military / Dependent Students
Please contact the Student Veterans Center staff by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (850) 644-9562. If you call and get our office voicemail, please include your name, phone number, FSU ID and email address. We'll follow-up by phone or email as quickly as possible.
Online resources for all Florida State University students are available here.
- In response to current circumstances, the federal Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) decided that there will be no change to your educational benefits or your monthly housing allowance through the Fall 2020 semester if your traditionally on-campus courses were/are converted to online delivery. However, please remember that your educational benefits cannot by processed by FSU until you register for classes and submit your Request for Benefits form.
- Also, your VA educational benefits were not affected if you asked that the grading scale for your undergraduate course(s) be changed from a letter grade to S/U (satisfactory/unsatisfactory) for the Spring 2020 semester.
- Between May 11 and June 19, the FSU Food Pantry will be open from 9:00 – 3:00 on Fridays by appointment only.
- The FSU Counseling Center is offering online sessions during the Summer semester including mindfulness activities, ways to manage isolation and improve self-care, and motivation and productivity workshops.
- The FSU Career Center has hundreds of remote / virtual jobs currently posted to Handshake including full-time and part-time positions, as well as experiential-learning opportunities. Just enter "remote" in the Handshake keyword search.
- The VA's North Florida / South Georgia Health System is transitioning primary care, speciality care and mental health appointments to phone or video conference through VA Video Connect. (iPhone users must download the VOD App to use this service.)
- Veterans who are concerned they may have COVID-19 (coronavirus) should call 877-741-3400 (toll free) before coming to a VA facility. Clinical staff are available to answer calls 24/7 and provide advice, virtual care, support, and triage.
- You can receive email updates from the VA's North Florida / South Georgia Health System by entering your email address into the "Emergency Email Updates" section of their website. Information is also being posted to the NF/SGVHS Facebook Page.
- The federal "Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security" or "CARES Act" provides relief for students nationwide. The bill's major provisions for veteran/military/dependent students are summarized here.
- All of the services provided by our VA Vet Success on Campus Counselor, Jennifer Stovall – Jennifer.Stovall@va.gov / (850) 228-3008 – are still available, including her ability to access your general VA information and provide tele-counseling via secure video chat through the VA system.