Military Dependent Scholarships

Additional scholarships for military/veteran dependents can be found here.

Scholarship for FLORIDA Children and Spouses of Disabled or Deceased Veterans

  • For dependent children or un-remarried spouses of Florida veterans who died as a result of service-connected injuries, diseases, or disabilities sustained while on active duty, or who have been certified by the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs as having service-connected 100% permanent and total disabilities


American Legion Legacy Scholarship

  • Dependent of military personnel who died while on active duty on or after September 11, 2001


Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)

  • Must be planning to attend an accredited college or university as a full-time student 
  • All loans, grants, and scholarships are for students seeking their first undergraduate degree


Pat Tillman Foundation

  • Dependents of service members (children between the ages 19-28, or spouse)
    • Those whose benefits are not transferable from their mother/father/husband/wife
    • Those who are survivors of a service member
    • Those whose transferable benefits are not sufficient


National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR)

  • Must be a U.S. citizen
  • Must attend an accredited college or university in the U.S.


Gamewardens of Vietnam Association Scholarship Fund

  • Need based 
  • Must be son, daughter, or grandchild of a member of Gamewardens


Ladies Auxiliary of the Fleet Reserve Association

  • Awarded to the female candidate chosen from daughters to granddaughters of Naval, Marine Corps and Coast Guard personnel, active Fleet Reserve and Fleet Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, retired with pay, or deceased


Maj. Gen. james ursano scholarship program for army children

  • Based on applicants' financial needs to assist children of soldiers in obtaining their first undergraduate degree
  • Applicants may receive assistance for up to four academic years but must reapply each year


Mrs. patti shinseki army spouse scholarship program

  • A need-based scholarship program to assist Army spouses in obtaining an undergraduate degree or similar professional certification
  • Applicants may receive assistance for up to four academic years of full-time study or eight academic years of part-time study
  • Applicants must reapply each year


Vice Admiral E.P. Travers Loan Program

  • Can provide sponsors of eligible students with a loan ranging from $500 up to $3,000 (for an academic year)
  • Provided to:
    • Children of Active Duty Sailors and Marines (including Reservists while on active duty over 90 days)
    • Children of Retired Sailors and Marines
    • Spouses of Active Duty Sailors and Marines residing within the 50 United States


Fleet Reserve Association (FRA) Scholarship

  • Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard personnel and their families are eligible
  • Students must be full-time
  • Students must be U.S. citizens


Fraternal Order UDT/SEAL Education Grant

  • Sons/daughters of regular members in good standing


FRY Scholarship

  • For children and spouses of military personnel who died in the line of duty



  • For children/spouses of legally blind veterans


Captain Caliendo College Assistance Fund Scholarship 

  • Must be a dependent child of a member or deceased member of the U.S Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Association/Coast Guard Enlisted Association (USCG CPOA/CGEA)
  • Applicant must be under the age of 24 by March of the award year


U.S. Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation

  • One year, renewable scholarships for the children of active duty and retired marines



  • Dependent children age 24 and under of spouses of U.S. military service personnel


Gallagher's Army & General Steel Corporation Educational Assistance Fund

  • "Helping the Children of Our Fallen Heroes"


The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program

  • For eligible military spouses who are pursing a license, certification or Associate's degree in a portable career field and occupation


Dependents in Escambia or Santa Rosa County (Fla.) or Baldwin County (Ala.)

  • Scholarships of $2,000 to children, stepchildren, spouses or grandchildren of active military or veterans who have completed at least one year of college with a minimum 3.2 GPA in undergraduate courses or 3.5 in graduates courses